[Ti] [OT] streaming TV - not available for the Mac (?)

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Thu Aug 21 01:07:10 PDT 2003

> On 8/20/03 8:44, "Trevor J. Hutley" wrote:
>
>> If I even try to access the web-site
>> (http://www.stream-it.bluewin.ch)

Rob Morris suggested

> Just click on English if that is what you need on the top. :)
> http://www.bluewin.ch
-------------
I don't think the language was the issue, but you have a point in that
the homepage is bluewin.ch and not stream-it.bluewin.ch and the
homepage is available on Mac too. But I agree with Trevor that it sucks
when they place stuff on the internet which isn't available on all
platforms.

It's a clear violation of the agreement that Internet should be for
all, but their isn't much chance of enforcing the agreement
unfortunately.

Doing some search on Google.com gives an address to information on
necessary system resources to see the streaming TV and that site is
neither available for Mac which is _realy_ discusting.

" Bluewin ... Bitte beachten Sie folgende minimale Systemanforderungen,
um von Stream-it profitieren zu können. ...

It seem that the people at least partly responsible for the
stream-it.ch construction is PARX <http://www.parx.ch/news/streamitch>.
Perhaps it is to them the complains should be directed and maybe
firstly by thoose of us who can handle the written German (Deutch).

Lisbeth i Göteborg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/Culture_in_School> updat 030606
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in
Gothenburg) <http://217.215.44.209> temp direct link