[Ti] Range of connection

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Aug 27 11:33:21 PDT 2003

--On Monday, August 25, 2003 02:52 PM -0400 cbirds <cbirds at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> I am wondering what the range of connection is with a wireless Netgear
> router, that is running on my brother's cable connection just a stone's
> throw away in front of his family room picture window?

I think you may have a good chance. I can get a decent signal out in my
garage, which is through two brick walls, second floor to first floor about
50-70 feet away. I'm running off an Orinoco base station. Depending upon
whether you want to ask to borrow airtime or just take it, you could ask for
some reorientation or slight moves of the Netgear to get best reception. The
other alternative is to get an Orinoco Gold card or equivalent with the
Opensource Wireless driver or the IOExperts driver and get better range.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com