[Ti] Still having trouble with site log ins & Safari??

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Sun Dec 21 06:53:49 PST 2003

Hmm...
I have this same problem with HTTPS at work using Safari, but also when
using Netscape and Opera on a PC, as well as my Mac. I assumed it was
because the network administrators had programmed the proxy server to block
all but Internet Explorer when using HTTPS. Is this not the case? Does
Safari have problems with respect to HTTPS? Why  does the same thing happen
with the other browsers? Can't help but wonder whether something more
sinister lurks beneath. :-)

Incidentally, Safari seems to remember most (if not all) my login/password
combinations for secure sites (like my bank, online shopping stores, etc.) .
Also, www.buy.com works just fine using Safari, at least for me. Just logged
in a minute ago to do a little last minute browsing. It even remembered my
login/password.

Thanks,
Barry