[Ti] Dead Ti :-(

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sun Feb 2 12:09:23 PST 2003

When you read an instruction manual and it says "To turn on the device press
the power button" - do you really not understand that?

I want to be clear that I am not missing something here.. Are you guys
telling me that Apple's instructions don't clearly define that you are to
simply "press" the button - not "press and hold for XX seconds"??

If it's not clear to anyone afraid of toasting their machine this step
requires you to press the button and let go, you don't hold it in - it's
spring loaded so it pops back out after you press it.

I had to use this several times in the earlier days of OSX when the "Wake
from Sleep Crash" was plaguing me. MY problem was that I kept forgetting to
reset the date/time - dumbass!

On 2/2/03 2:55 AM, "Simon Chapman" <sc at pr100.com> wrote:

> <QUOTE>
> PowerBook G4 and PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
>
> 1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
> 2. Press the reset button located on the rear panel of the computer between
> the external video and modem ports.
> 3. Wait 5 seconds.
> 4. Press the Power button to restart the computer.
> Note: Resetting the power manager also resets the date and time. After the
> reset, the system clock is set to 12:00 A.M., 01/01/1904.
> </QUOTE>
>
> It isn't clear whether the button needs to be held down or not. And in view
> of your warning, it is surprising that Apple doesn't mention any such risk.
> Nor does it mention removing the battery.
>
> Simon

Bill Reburn