[Ti] Friendly Reminder [definitive statement]

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Feb 5 01:08:47 PST 2003

At 14:13 -0800 3-2-2003, Jeffrey K. Lew wrote:
>>At 17:37 +0000 2-2-2003, Robert Nicholson wrote:
>>>Do the first generation's requires a Torx 8 screw driver? I might
>>>be worth while mentioning that so people don't get in their with a
>>>phillips are screw the threads up.
>>
>>Robert - my 1/2001 model Ti-500 (Rev A) uses (I think #3) Phillips
>>screwdriver for the bottom case screws.
>>
>>T.
>
>Ooh, a #3 Phillilps is big enough to, . . . well, it's big! More
>like a #0 for the screws holding the bottom on a PowerBook. Wasn't
>there a KB note about using the correct size so as not to strip the
>heads?
>
>Jeff Lew

Jeff - sorry, my mistake.  As I wrote, it was from memory (which must
be failing!) rather than a definitive statement.  To set the record
straight (I should have done this before):

The Apple KB (Article ID: 88058) states:

4. Using either a Phillips screwdriver (size 1), or Torx screwdriver
(T-8) depending on the type of screws on your PowerBook, remove the
screws that secure the bottom case of the PowerBook.