? OT -- sunk with iSync

Stephen Chakwin schak at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 9 10:35:03 PST 2003

So here's the story.  I decided to consolidate my old Entourage and
Palm address books into the Jaguar Address Book and then sync the
result with my Palm m515.  So I downloaded the Palm iSnyc conduit and
installed it and prepared to play.

Computer is TiBook 550 running X.2.3, 1 G of RAM, 11+ of hard drive
space. Desktop is Palm 4.0.  Result?  No sync!  Palm doesn't show up on
system profiler.  No indication that computer is getting any usable
communication from the Palm cradle.  Tried connecting cradle directly
to computer rather than to hub, no difference.  Made sure that USB
conduit was checked.  Computer sees Palm software since Palm shows up
in iSync device list.  iSnyc conduit is checked.  Don't know what's
left to do.  I checked Palm knowledge base, which was useless.  Apple's
too, ditto.  Will call Palm tomorrow, who will say it's an Apple issue.
  Will then call Apple which will say it's a Palm issue.  Meanwhile Palm
won't sinc at all, anything.  Any ideas?

TIA

Stephen