Tiny TinBook: First Impressions

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Sun Feb 9 17:59:37 PST 2003

So, iMovie 3 has been a disappointment. Has it been a disappointment on your
TiBook 800 as well? I currently have a Ti 400 and wouldn't even dream of
iMovie 3 after hearing the horror stories. Eagerly awaiting my 12" sometime
soon.

On 2/10/03 6:12 AM, "PowerBook G4 Titanium List" Doffie Rotter
<doffie.rotter at uconn.edu> wrote:

> Speed: Surprisingly zippy.  Finder operations, loading apps, Internet
> apps, iMovie (version 2, since my experience with iMovie 3 has been
> very disappointing and I'm waiting for Apple to fix stuff) --- all work
> great and plenty fast, no perceivable difference when compared with the
> TiBook 800.  I did max out the RAM to 640, but was worried that
> performance would be harmed by the RAM limitation and by the lack of an
> L3 cache.  Haven't tried many games yet, but Civilization III, which is
> fairly graphics-intensive, plays well.

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET

Subject: [Ti] Tiny TinBook: First Impressions
From: Doffie Rotter <doffie.rotter at uconn.edu>