[Ti] Tiny TinBook: First Impressions

Thomas Miller tlmiller at mac.com
Sun Feb 9 18:27:30 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 09, 2003, at 12:53PM, Doffie Rotter <doffie.rotter at uconn.edu> wrote:

>My BTO 12" PB arrived on Friday, and I've been working on it/with it
>ever since.  For anyone who might be interested, these are my thoughts
>so far:

snip...snip

>Airport reception is as good as it was with my iBook, which is very
>good indeed.

1 got my sturdy AlBook12 last Thursday. Saturday I partitioned the HD and used Carbon Copy Cloner to transfer everything from the main partition of my TiBook 400. Must not have done something right because it wouldn't start from that partition until I updated it from the CD. Runs cooler than my TiBook and Extreme AirPort sure works better than the SkyLine PCcard I used in the TiBook. Haven't found the right screwdriver yet to open the memory door to add RAM. I do like the looks of the TiBook better, but the overall performance of the AlBook12 makes me understand why Yao Ming is smiling.

Tom Miller