Dreamweaver

Kevin Hoth khoth at arches.uga.edu
Mon Feb 10 11:25:55 PST 2003

I design and manage several web sites with DW and it's excellent. You
can't use SSH with it but it's site management features are sweet.
I also teach workshops for UGA and here is a link to some docs to get
you ramped up:
http://www.uga.edu/dreamweaver/
I'll be revamping them for the MX version soon but it's all still
applicable.

+kevin

P.S. I'm happy to post to the list that after 2 years of waiting for a
Mac laptop with a DVD burner (and having the bling-bling, of course) I
have purchased my 1GHz TiBook just now!!!!!

> Dreamweaver is far and away the best web site management tool.  Adobe
> GoLive is good, but not ready for prime time.  The added bonus is that
> Dreamweaver (and GoLive, too) allows and supports the use of open
> source
> web site development tools -- PHP, MySQL, xml, etc.
>
> On the other hand, MS FrontPage is a joke.  To get the same abilities
> availabile via open source, FrontPage requires proprietary code be
> installed on the server for all the "special" features in FrontPage to
> work.  The problem with that is Microsoft's legendary (and criminal?)
> lack of security.  By that I mean, an otherwise secure server suddenly
> turns into a security sieve as soon as you install any of the FrontPage
> enhancements.  Trust me, I've been burned once ...that's all it took to
> switch.
>
> Ron Woodland

To make people free is the aim of art, therefore art for me is the
science of freedom.

--Joseph Beuys (1921-1986)