[Ti] (OT) iTunes missing plugin - speed control

Les Posen lesposen at optushome.com.au
Wed Feb 12 19:04:09 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 12:48  PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium
List wrote:

> From: "Mark O'Brien" <rmobrien at mac.com>
>

>> The answer came through while mine was being sent. I have been aware
>> of ASDX for a while, but mu understanding was its speed control is
>> unidirectional...slower, not faster, so it is not a complete solution.
>> Clearly it has been designed for a function other than what I desire,
>> and the reviews at Versiontracker suggests that in the main, it does
>> well what it sets out to do....
>
> Yeah, I guess I should have gotten that from the name (Slow-Downer).
> BTW, nicely done on the Ilan Ramon video, though that first folk song
> sounded eerily similar to "The Train They Call The City of New
> Orleans". ;-)

Yes, a number of people have said that and sent me mp3s of Arlo Guthrie
(the original) and Judy Collins. Israel being what it is, many songs
are "imports" which become localised through the addition of Hebrew
lyrics and music instruments. Greek music is a prime source of "raw"
material.

It was fun to learn to use iMovie 3 given all the negative comments it
had been receiving, and I am in awe of its flexibility given it is
free. I have been able to use third party plugins where others have
said they have been troublesome.

To flipper: Thanks very much for the detailed reply. If I have to apply
pitch shift of a rudimentary kind, Amadeus II does a reasonable job
converting to a and from mp3s. But there are times when I want to do it
on the fly - while a dance is occuring - so the pitch controls of say
Baytex pro or Megaseg would do the trick. I am just surprised the pitch
shift capacity hasn't been added to iTunes before now, given OS X's
audio capacities. iTunes 4?

And many thanks to John Griffin for the iTunes/iPod list mention - have
been looking around for just such a list!

I think that about brings this thread to a close, huh?

Re nicknames for the new 17" (abrupt segue).

Given "Mini-me" uses it in the long and short of it Apple ad. some have
begun to name it "Dr. Evil". I kinda like that.....

Les

Les Posen/MEL					      Webmaster
Lposen at aol.com				Australian Psychological Society
P.O. Box 1229 						  (Victorian Branch)
St.Kilda South					       Virtual Reality Therapy
Australia 3182					http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iMovieTheater1.html