Netgear vs. Airport

John Karwowski, MD jkarwowski at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 09:18:42 PST 2003

New to the list, and new to WiFi, so I appreciate all your patience.

But I can¹t help but notice the price difference between the new Airport
setup and some alternatives> I can get a great deal on a Netgear MR 814
wireless router.

Ease of use is a priority, but I think I can figure out the set up on a
third party setup.

What I am wondering about are the features. For instance, does any one know
if USB printer sharing is available on the Netgear? AppleTalk apparently is,
but I will be purchasing a new USB printer soon, and might want to print to
it wirelessly. Any other glaring differences?

Thanks for any insight,

John