DSL

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Mon Feb 17 09:42:39 PST 2003

Wow! My sleepy little English village has finally upgraded its telephone
exchange so I can have ADSL instead of my painful 56k dialup connection. If
anyone can give me any tips on how best to incorporate a DSL ethernet (or
usb) modem into my home Airport wirless/wired LAN, I would be grateful. I
need to share the connection between two wireless TiBooks (one running OsX
10.2.3, the other Os 9.2.2) and my dusty old 7500 desktop/G4/USB card (Os
9.1) which is connected via ethernet cable to the Airport base station.

Everything works fine with internet sharing at present but I would like to
know if I can just plug the new DSL modem into the base station, reset my
location prefs and start my new high-speed life.... I also need to keep an
external 56k modem wired to the 7500 so that I can use it for faxing and
hopefully I will be able to use the same phone line as the DSL once a
splitter has been fitted....

Thsanks for any help.

Stan