[Ti] [OT] Quark on OSX(Classic)

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Fri Feb 21 09:39:27 PST 2003

On 2/21/03 9:31 AM, "b" <galahad9 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> According to Bill Reburn:
>
>> we'll see what Xpress 6 has in store because 5 is a D - O - G.
>> It was even worse in Classic than 4.1.1.
>
> Utter nonsense.
>
> I've seen every version of Quark, even on the PCs, and laugh,
> watching 4.1 users crashing in 9 while I bang out multiple pubs on
> deadline, in 5.0.1 running under 9.2.2
>
> ~flipper

As has been said, mileage will vary.

My lean and mean OS9 work system was rock solid. Quark 4.1.1 RARELY took a
dive on me.. and usually only so when I tried something stupid.

Quark 5 has some good ideas there, but for me - at a time when OSX was
smacking everyone in the face I thought Quark 5 was a complete waste..
Little did I know that Quark REALLY would drag their feet this long.
Stability issue's aside - what did it improve for you?

Doesn't matter to me now anyway though.. Since moving to ID, when I watch
anyone using Quark I laugh.

Whatever floats your boat eh?

Bill Reburn