Type fuzzy on new 17" monitor

Bruce Lee lee at suu.edu
Fri Feb 21 10:12:11 PST 2003

I just got a new 17" Studio Display and have hooked it to my 800mhz
tiBook through a DVI to ADC adaptor. I love the display. The colors and
graphics are stunning! However, the type, whether on a web page or a
Word document is a bit fuzzy or broken up. In the General System Prefs
I have font smoothing set at Medium-Best for Flat Panel and Turn off
font smoothing for font sizes 8 and smaller. I also have an ATY, Rage
M7 video card with 32 mg.
Is there something I can do, or is this just a drawback of the monitor.
Thanks,
Bruce C. Lee
lee at suu.edu