[Ti] lines on screen

mburke6225 at aol.com mburke6225 at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 14:17:34 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/25/2003 2:27:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, info at buxmontmug.org writes:

> Is there any remedy other than sending it in for service (or
> living with it)? Is this on its way to being a very pricey
> doorstop?

Send it in for service.  My experience with this problem has shown that a cracked hinge is the most likely culprit.  If you lightly flex the screen and the line goes away then it is most likely a cracked hinge.  It will get worse if it is not fixed.  As it stands right now you are probably only looking at a busted hinge.  If you let it go too long you will be looking at a busted (shorted) screen.  The fix should be a cheap one, guess at $350.  Good luck.

MBurke