[Ti] New Dazzle 4 in 1 doesn't seem to play nice...

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Wed Feb 26 12:07:04 PST 2003

Years ago on 2/22/03 Steve Wozniak commented:

 > Wow. I never noticed that icon in the menu bar when I inserted camera
cards. It's even a fairly useful menu, allowing a card to
 > be powered off. I'm scratching my head as to how long it's been here.
 >
 > My menu bar order is somewhat different from yours, with the PC Card
icon toward the left for myself.

Hi Steve et al :

Well I finally got it working -- I guess that OS X doesn't like the
native Canon Elura2MC card formatting.  I reformatted the SanDisk MMC
card in my W2K laptop, put it in my TiPBG4 using the Dazzle adapter,
and it indeed mounted.  I then took out the card, put it in the camera
and took a few snaps, put the card in the Dazzle adapter in my TiPBG4
and indeed it worked as it should -- iPhoto launches (yes, as you said
Steve) and the PC Card icon is on my other right (i.e. the left, as you
also said Steve) and I import my photos successfully.

Bottom line -- when in doubt, format the card in the target Mac/PC
instead of the camera.

Thanks for all your help!

Regards,

Jim