[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

Daniel L Kegan, Kegan & Kegan, Ltd. daniel at KeganLaw.com
Sun Jan 19 10:42:48 PST 2003

I don't have all the empirical data, but
I don't remember that PageMaker came out in Jan84 with the Mac,
or real soon thereafter.

Lots of people I encounter using Macs never have, and likely never will,
use PageMaker.

The Mac's early advantage was not graphics layout but intuitive ease of use,
much less training time, good looking design, and the consistency resulting
from integrated hardware and software design. Apple's Human Interface Guidelines
were, and are, a godsend to users who just want to use a computer to get
something done easily.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at KeganLaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd
We identify, develop, and protect intangible business assets
and counsel other professionals on legal issues.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.KeganLaw.com