HP color laser -- what's the real story

Stephen Chakwin schak at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 19 18:34:04 PST 2003

The latest issue of Macworld rhapsodizes about the HP 2500L, a color
laser with a list price of just under $1,000.  I'm tempted because my
work -- trial law involving medical cases (this is what Bush wants to
get rid of despite a government study that shows that 98,000 people are
killed by medical mistakes each year, figure it out!)-- requires me to
produce documents with complex illustrations of anatomy and medical
procedures.

Having lived through an HP MFU that screwed up my system's function
royally and did little of what it was supposed to do, I'm a little
suspicious, but if there really is a color laser that will work with
Jaguar and costs less than $1,000, I need to pay attention.

Does anyone have any experience with this printer and, if so, what was
it like for you?

Stephen