[Ti] Closing the Lid

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sat Jan 25 21:49:42 PST 2003

--On Saturday, January 25, 2003 06:46 PM -0800 James Ameeti
<james at ameeti.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to close the lid of the Ti without the cpu going to sleep.
> I do not want to have to have the computer plugged into an external
> monitor.

I think there is a magnetic switch in the latch. If you close it far
enough, it detect the presence of the lid and switch to sleep. The latch
doesn't have to catch for it to sleep. It's built into the hardware so
there is no software override, I believe. You can close it and put a rubber
eraser or other spacer to prevent it closing all the way, but that's
probably the best one can do.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com