[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

XXL xxl at mac.com
Sun Jan 26 01:32:13 PST 2003

> My conclusion, Delorme blaming its
> •objective– analysis when a major part of its
> lack of sales in the Mac market likely was
> poor design, poor programming, and insufficient to poor testing,
> especially with Mac users.

IMO the DeLorme response was reasonable, well thought out and very
courteous.  Some on this list have asserted that DeLorme was flagrantly
lying and other assertions that are certainly not as courteous or well
thought out as DeLormes letter.

Do you have any EVIDENCE about DeLormes bad faith? Or are you just jiving?

Mac people tend to behave like spoiled children if they do not get
everything they want.  Point of fact: ICUII was canceled on the Mac when
ICUII underwent a major architectural change. The Mac users response to that
was so nasty that I doubt ICUII will ever even consider another Mac version.
Why would anyone go to the trouble to create a new Mac version when the Mac
customer base was so mean spirited and nasty about the entire thing.

I think remarks such as those on this list about DeLorme are totally
counterproductive and show a decided lack of manners as well as no critical
thinking ability.  Perhaps if the DeLorme people were enticed by Mac users
we would see more interest on their part. I have to vote for DeLorm on  on
this one as they at least have shown good manners.
-Joel