[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Jul 11 03:18:53 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 10:46  am, <ursus at mac.com> wrote:

>> Battery life after 2 years is looking weak
>> I had to invest $$$ in a decent sleeve and case to ensure my Ti looks
>> as good as it does
>
> Good grief!  BATTERIES ARE CONSUMABLES! 2 years is a very decent
> service
> life. You should be ashamed of yourself for whining about that, as
> well as
> needing a case to protect it.  This is a precision manufactured
> device, not
> a Frisbee, of course you buy a case for it.

No I'm not ashamed. I'm just still reeling from the 2,200 pounds that I
spent on this computer.

The batteries may be consumable, but at 100 pounds per battery (around
170 dollars) , that's a hefty price for your Lithium Ion battery.

The battery life coupled with expense of an Apple priced accessory
every year is a "con" for me (in all senses of the word).

:)

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue