[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons (experiences with G4 TiPB 667 Rev 2 and 12 12 inches TiPB Aluminum - rugged they AINT!)

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Jul 11 03:35:11 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 10:57  am, <ursus at mac.com> wrote:

>> - 3 weeks old and hardly taken any where, it has scuff marks and
>> scratches on it.

All i know is I had a totally similar experience in the first month of
owning a Ti. Cracks appeared form out of nowhere, and I am very annoyed
about it. You should see the hairline crack that appeared at the mouth
of the CD slot loader.

> AND THIS IS APPLES FAULT....HOW?

  It's Apples fault for making the bottom lip of it out of 6mm thick
weak plastic.

> Remind me never to loan my 17 to you or your girlfriend.

Calm down man. You are  getting  personal and aggressive imho.

> When I go thru
> security it is placed in a tray and x-rayed and never touched by any
> of the
> attendants. I suppose they do sniff an occasional computer for
> explosives
> and touch it because of that.

All this will depend on the airport. I've been through around 5
airports several times (europe and near asia) but had no problems due
to the tight fitting sleeve. Without one I am sure it would have been
dented.