[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Jun 9 11:09:24 PDT 2003

--On Monday, June 09, 2003 10:07 AM -0500 etyrnal at ameritech.net wrote:

> ...and when will a hinge break?  When not moving?  or when closing/opening the lid just to sleep?
>
> just click "sleep" in the apple menu are set you sleep time to ten minutes...

There have been some complaints of cracked hinges, but I think they are rare. However, another thing to keep in mind is that LCD screens are fragile and can break if accidentally struck. (Learned from bitter experience :-(  ). So, it's not a bad idea to close the lid when unattended.

Besides, you also get that nice tactile sense of satisfaction of manually closing and clicking shut when done that mousing and watching the screen go blank doesn't provide. ;-)

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com