[Ti] 500Mhz spacebar failing?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 10:03:04 PDT 2003

Steve, you might want to get some contact cleaner, remove the keyboard and
give a few squirts in the contact area on each end of the space bar. It
could be that the contacts are oxidizing and need a good cleaning. One that
leaves a slight silicone residue would be a good choice.

I once had to clean the contacts of all the keys in my Powerbook keyboard
after accidentally emptying a glass of Merlot on the keyboard. A combination
of compressed air and contact cleaner completely restored it. I swear by the
stuff!

jg