[Ti] How do I undelete some files

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Mon Jun 16 15:45:10 PDT 2003

External drive as in unpluggable?  Like a Firewire drive?  Because if
it wasn't connected when you emptied the Trash, then it is still in
that drive's Trash and should be there when you reconnect the drive.

As for REAL file deletion, I'm not familiar with any recovery software.
  I would imagine, however, that your chances of recovery depend
somewhat on how full/busy the drive is, since when you delete, inodes
are merely marked as available and the data isn't actually deleted
until you either need the space or if they filesystem is really busy
and happens to write over those spots.

Good luck!