[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Mon Jun 16 18:54:23 PDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

> måndagen den 16 juni 2003 kl 22.34 skrev John Griffin:
> >
> > I wouldn't except that IE is the only Browser that can handle my Bank
> > site.
> > Safari can't and neither can Camino.
> ----------
> I'm using Camino to a very picky Swedish Bank without any issues, so I
> think it may be time to growle a bit with your bank. An alternative to
> try could be Opera which has preferences which can be set to emulate
> IE. Might be worth a try perhaps.
>
> Lisbeth in Gothenburg
> <http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/Culture_in_School> updat 030606
> <http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)

I just used my Safari, set to act as an IE 6 (Windoze) - worked very well
on that particular site.

Will try it with a very picky bank - and report back to the group.

If it works there, that's clearly the way Apple should follow - by
producing applications which allow Mac users ALL the benefits of the
Windoze ones, and then some.

Best,

Henry