[Ti] Compatibility of Basestations around the world?

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sun Jun 22 15:18:51 PDT 2003

On 6/21/03 4:22 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> The power supply for my American purchased Snow basestation is only 110
> V but the basestation itself just requires 12v .7A input voltage.

A friend fried his graphite base station's 110V power supply in Spain 2
years ago. He found somebody at the conference whose IBM Thinkpad power
supply had the same plug as the base station and worked on multiple
voltages. He bought the IBM model when he came home.

> So do these things travel well or not?

No.

> Is the frequency used in the US the same as that in Thailand/Australia?

Can't answer that one...

> Can I simply located another ac adapter and use that with my existing
> unit?

Yes. Sorry but I don't know the IBM model number my friend used. You should
be able to get one of those multiple plug, selectable voltage power supplies
at Radio Shack if you're in the U.S.

Mark