printer sharing ?

t molnar tam at em.ca
Sun Mar 2 12:44:38 PST 2003

Hi all,
I have an epson 980 printer  hooked up to an older supermac running
OS 9.2 via a usb pci card.
The supermac and my tibook are on the same hub. The computers see each other.

Though I have printer sharing on with the supermac (simiar to a
powermac 9500) and another mac with OS 9 can use the printer through
this machine. The OS X print center in my tibook doesn't see the
epson at all.  another mac with os 9.x does see it and can access it
through the hub.

Do I have to have some specific drivers installed for OS X print
centre to show this shared printer?  The OS 9 systems of course used
some installer for setting up the epson printer.  Is there some work
around for having OS 9.2 in my tibook do the sharing?

Not sure how to proceed with this. Any suggestions welcome.

cheers,
tim