Power Supply gone bad

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Tue Mar 25 08:15:00 PST 2003

I've been taking my power supply back and forth to work and this
morning the light wouldn't turn on when plugged into my 15" TiBook.

I tried a few other outlets and still no go.  I forgot to unplug the
power supply from the outlet and about 10 minutes later noticed a foul
electrical burning smell.  I quickly disconnected from the power strip
and the power supply was scalding hot!  I think it's safe to say this
unit is now toasted.

I upgraded to this 1GHz Tibook last November and am still under the
1-year warranty. My machine is registered and they should be able to
bring up my info from Apple's main database, right?  Can I just go to
the Apple Store and trade in the bum unit for a new one?

-Steve