[Ti] VirtualPC Question

Chris Olson chris at mercury1.astcomm.net
Sat Mar 29 19:20:00 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 09:05 PM, b wrote:
> I'll definitely keep that in mind. I already burned 5 CDs of the
> 'full' Redhat install, and I was waiting for another hard drive
> <laughs. I realize Redhat installs with CD1 and CD2, so that must be
> the 1.5 GB you referred to. The 5 CDs are close to 3,5 GB <whew> And
> thanks for the screen shot, there's a lot to be said for lean OS's...
> i still miss 7.6.1 on my old PB 150.

Debian installs lean, but you can apt-get install anything in it you
want.  If you want all the cruft you get with Redhat, you can fatten
Debian up pretty good too :-)

> I'll probably write you offlist for the instructions on  the Debian
> install. I'm pretty good at following command line instructions, weird
> 'run' maneuvers in windows, etc. So, it sounds like fun, to me :=)

Oh it *is* fun.  That's why I play with the linux desktops.  IMHO, the
linux desktop is basically dead with the advent of OS X, but it's still
fun to play with and it's kind of cool to show your friends that you
can run 5 different operating systems all simultaneously on a Mac.  I
like to sit back with a smug look on my face, while they stare it in
disbelief, and say "so let's see your x86 box do that" :-)
--
Chris