[Ti] [OT] another very unusual 10.2.5 crash

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sat May 3 01:55:10 PDT 2003

At 12:00 -0500 2-5-2003, Kynan Shook wrote:
>the actual panic text, it is stored in PRAM and then written to the
>hard drive next time you reboot in /Library/Logs/panic.log.
>If you open up this file, you can sometimes do a little bit of
>detective work; take a look at the logs, specifically the first line
>(explains why it panicked), and if there is a line labeled "Kernel
>loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):"  Following that
>line are most likely the culprits;

Kynan - thank you very much for sharing the name, writing mechanism,
location and structure of the panic log.  This was very helpful to
me, to understand a bit more about how OS X 'works'.  Fortunately, I
have no current kernel panic issues, but if ever, I would now have a
systematic approach to analysing them.  Great!

regards,  Trevor