802.11 Wireless and not at Starbucks

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sun May 4 22:49:52 PDT 2003

>In which area are you? I am in DC metro and here most of the Starbucks have it, and you never find more than 1-2 people using it. Just in my town I have 4 Starbuck to pick, all within 2 miles and all have Hot Spot.

I thought ever so briefly about doing the Starbucks thing, but I really think that 802.11 should be a service thing like bathrooms or water.

I rather just fire up MacStumbler and drive into most any residential neighborhood. I can always pick up a signal within seconds. Usually 2 or 3 in any block. I'm on, pick up my email, send a few, check a web site maybe, and then I'm off again. Too cool. I can get onto Mapquest a lot faster than getting out my Thomas Guide and reading the small print. Especially on dark night, my Big Al's screen is a lot nicer to be following the directions to wherever I am going than stopping continually to check the Thomas Guide.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.