Memory leak sealed with Safari v.74

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon May 19 08:45:29 PDT 2003

I have been running Memory Stick since the Mac OS X 10.2.5 update and like
on many machines it was showing that as my day progressed, the "unused"
(yellow) coloured RAM was growing until it took up about 2/3 of my available
RAM. When I upgraded to 10.2.6, which I understood repaired RAM leaks, the
same behaviour was detected. No help at all.

Now that I have been working with Safari v.74 for a couple of days, the RAM
leak has mysteriously stopped in its tracks! The "Free" memory (white) stays
at well over 60% - 70%. There must have been a huge memory leak in previous
versions of Safari Beta which Apple fixed in the latest release.

Anybody else notice this?

jg