[Ti] Airport alternative?

Tom Warner tom at dfind.com
Wed May 21 01:28:49 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 04:41  am, aron wrote:

>> I was told i can use any other alternative out there but the signal
>> meter will not work on the powerbook?
>
> It works. I even used a Belkin wireless station. Works fine, the
> signal meter works in my TiBook.

I use a Buffalo WiFi/ethernet/ISDN/router thingie. I have no idea how
to set these things up. I used a browser to enter my ISP info, clicked
DHCP cuz I don't understand all that network number stuff and
everything works fine.

There's a 7600/G3 400 (9.0.4) on ethernet. Basic Blue 350 iMac (9.0.4)
on AirPort and my TiBook 667 Gigabit (10.2.6) on AirPort. And probably
anyone who passes by in the lane on WiFi.

Yes the signal strength meter works.

All the best,
Tom
--