new user / airport performance [OT?]

philipp philipp at gulasch.de
Thu May 22 04:25:02 PDT 2003

Dear List,

I just switched over from a nice IBM Laptop (running gentoo linux and
xp), which was too bulky for my purposes to the new 12'' powerbook.
And I am loving it.

I bought an airport base station with the laptop and now the whole
office wants to move up to 802.11g as well.  Does anyone have any real
world experience with regards to performance (or drop of performance)
with more users connecting via the same base station.  What would be a
reasonable max number of people I should allow on *my* base station?

This might be a bit OT - if it is, please suggest places I should take
this question to.

Thanks.

Philipp