[Ti] [OT] Re: [Ti] Panther Firewire debacle

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Sat Nov 1 17:22:26 PST 2003

On 11/1/03 6:22 PM, "Jesse Proudman" <j.list at blueboxdev.com> wrote:

> I hear EVERYBODY complaining that the finder doesn't "work" but I've
> yet to see any one explain WHY it doesn't work.

Save your breath Jesse. What they are really saying is "It isn't like OS 9"
and there isn't a thing you can say to them to make them change their mind.
They were shocked to discover that OS X isn't Kansas any more and now their
minds are firmly shut.

Amazingly enough, when I discovered the 'Aqua' finder last Friday night I
was absolutely certain these MacLuddites would finally be happy. (If you
don't know what I mean, go to the Panther finder and click on the widget in
the top right corner.) Silly me. I showed this off to one of the MacLuddites
where I work and he thumbed his nose without even trying it. "The window
control boxes are still in the wrong place." he said.

So, as I said. Give it up as a lost cause. If you find you cannot stand it
any longer, make use of your email client's kill file.

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com