Force Quit vs. Recent Items

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Wed Nov 5 13:45:39 PST 2003

Okay, nothing to technical in my review. But just installed Panther a half
hour ago.

1. Seems they removed the small ripple desktops, I kinda liked those. The
big ones they kept, but they look so lame.
2. iTunes 3.0 works just fine on 10.3 yea :-)
3. Much snappier feel, bright, I like it I like it.
4. Seems I can't browse the WINS network, I have to know the specific SMB
address. Weird. What's up with that?

5. Okay okay the BIGGIE: Finder: "Force Quit" STILL is sitting .0005mm below
"Recent Items". WHYWHYWHY? Hasn't anyone else got dogged when they tried to
do a force quit and the mouse goes over the Resent Items and gets hung for
an extra 2 eternities waiting for THAT to load before you can go down one
more link to Force Quit?