[Ti] H. Arp quote

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Thu Nov 20 06:35:30 PST 2003

Actually I know quite a few over educated individuals, very smart
people but totally disconnected with reality. I notice it is usually
worse with people that studied all the way to a PhD without spending
time working in their respective fields. Those that worked a little bit
between the degrees are usually a little bit more grounded.

This is all of course relative, but even here at the office, out of the
3 PhDs on staff it is very easy to spot which of the three worked
between degrees and which ones studied all the way thru before getting
a job (and no, this has nothing to do with intelligence, all three are
incredibly bright). Also, I am not equating a PhD with being
overeducated.

Pedro
-
http://pedrovera.com