[Ti] 10.2.8

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 04:13:05 PDT 2003

On 10/1/03 2:57 AM, "Massimo Marino" <Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov> wrote:

> I have a *procedure* for updates that still has to prove me wrong (it
> might not have helped me if I had a dual G4 450MHz - apparently this is
> the one more frequently hit). Before updates I *clean* my OS repairing
> privileges and running Diskwarrior. I use only COMBO and then repair
> privileges again. 10.2.8 gave me problems with the battery which seems
> to have been solved by resetting the NVRAM.

Everyone should print this and tape it to their monitor. I've been following
essentially the same regimen since day one and haven't had an update
problem. I have 4 Macs in my household, and I'm responsible for a 40 Macs at
work including a 25 computer lab.

BTW, I updated my test computers and my own desktop (a dual QuickSilver)
with no problems.

david

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com