[Ti] Next Apple software port to Windows?

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 16 16:18:16 PDT 2003

On Oct 16, 2003, at 4:29 PM, Les Posen wrote:
> So we now have Quicktime, Quicktime Pro and iTunes on the Windows
> platform.

Don't forget Appleworks (and filemaker)

> With Internet Explorer development crawling to an almost halt over
> there, and its vulnerability as a conduit for all sorts of viruses and
> trojans, what's the chances of the next port being..... Safari?

What benefit would apple see from doing that?  iTunes sells more music
from them, which hopefully sells more iPods which hopefully sells more
macs.  That's been apple's plan, I believe, since the beginning.

> Or would Apple have to include too many non-standard protocols to
> "please" Windows users?

Seeing as IE for windows seems to be compliant with just about all web
sites (I'm unfamiliar but I have some windows using friends that are
upset because there is not a 'decent' browser for OS X that can compete
with IE...and I'm not talking about speed or ease of use), who knows if
they'd even want to use Safari.

That being said, I'd really like for things to stay on-topic on the
list...

Benn