imovie/audio problem

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Tue Oct 28 12:21:49 PST 2003

Hope someone can help on this.

Here's the situation:
tibook 1ghz 512 mb of ram (imovie 3.0.3)
recording audio to imovie using the Griffin Imic (usb connection)

I movie picks up the Imic and begins recording, but then stops with a
warning that "the disk responds slowly..etc..etc.".   It does record
about 2 -3 seconds before giving the warning.
I have no other tracks or even sound recorded on the video clips (that
might slow down the audio recording process).  I have no other
applications running. My disk is set to not "sleep".

I did try some other recording software but the sound seemed flaky, so
I wanted to use the imovie input.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.

thanks in advance
tim