[Ti] English & French word Counts [OT]

ursus at mac.com ursus at mac.com
Mon Sep 8 04:33:02 PDT 2003

Management level at my company here in Germany simply will not accept a Brit
language trainer. They insist on Yanks. (Lower level types get what is
available) And it is this way all over Europe, those that can choose get
Yanks.  I am an Engineer and moonlighted at Hitachi in Tokyo working on a
Doctoral theses for one of the HDD Engineers.  They had several Brit guys
but insisted on an American. And I really stuck it to them in fees because I
was the only American they could get that was qualified. But even Academic
English is strongly tilted to the American dialect. (dialect too strong a
word but you get the drift)

I have lived a lot of places overseas. And in fact have lived outside the
USA for the last 15 years.  I am quite conversant on the situation.  :-)

English is the international language of Business and US English is
preferred.