[Ti] External Laptop Lock for iBook/TiBook

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Sep 12 14:11:26 PDT 2003

Tom R. no spam typed this message on 9/12/03 4:43 PM:

> eg "security cable".  APC, Kensington, Belkin, Targus all sell
> versions, I believe.  Differences include size of locking head,
> enforced orientation of locking head (ie in what direction does
> the cable come out, and is it on a swivel or not), key lock or
> combination, combination form factor, cable thickness, specific
> shape of locking insert, color, etc.  They should all fit the
> standard, little, security lock slot in the laptop case.

The problem with all of these is that they rely on the plastic-ey little
slot on the side. If anyone wanted your Powerbook bad enough it wouldn't
matter whether the lock, cable/chain, wall/desk fastener, etc. was made of
cast iron or hard carbon steel. All it takes is one firm, sharp tug and your
Powerbook is gone!

jg