[Ti] hot power adaptor (square white ones) for TiBook

John simplymail at ururk.com
Fri Apr 9 22:02:57 PDT 2004

>> Out of curiousity, who has had one of these boxes fail in this manner?
>> Please reply (and with how many)... I'm curious.

Mine has lasted me three years - but let me clarify:

My first power supply ring popped off (ie, the silver grip you pull on
hat attaches to the plug). The power supply worked, and after I
received a replacement (within my first year), I glued the ring back
on, and it has been good ever since. The old one eventually got a short
at the white power brick end (thin wire to PB), but I was able to wrap
it in such a way that it doesn't short out on me. I wrapped it in a
figure 8, and looped the plug end through. This means my wings are
always out.

The second one is in good working order, and is kept at work for most
of the time.

In addition, I am very careful about keeping it well ventilated - if it
is on wood, I stand it on it's end. If on a carpet, I am at the mercy
of the carpet. Early on I found out if it does overheat, there is a
heat sensing switch that will turn it off (perhaps this should be
considered a fuse), and resets itself when some even occurs (it cools
down, it is unplugged, some other mechanism). This only happened once,
and I haven't had the guts to test it out.

John Pariseau