Problems with "Mail"

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 23:59:27 PDT 2004

Hello,

Woe is me.  I thought we were doing well with this new
system and already I'm experiencing failures with the
"Mail" program.  Actually, my wife is.  This is a
problem in itself as I've been the primary  proponent
of keeping Apple in the family.  She is more of a
windows user historically.  So much to my chagrin
after using this for only a day we have this problem.

The Mail app decided to just quit of its own accord
when my wife tried to see two different emails and the
incidences happened 3-4 hours apart. We have not
installed any apps and the only thing we did was try
the "Classic" mode as I reported in an earlier post.
We've used Safari a couple of times to access Yahoo
accounts and a couple of other sites - nothing
extraordinary.  The system asked if we desired to send
Apple a bug report - which gave her some trepidation.
So, this is not a good OS X start for her.  Is there
anything I can do to trouble shoot this to find the
cause.  The machine came with 10.3.2.  We have also
had the LaCie hard drive hooked up (as mentioned in
the previous post.)  Thanks for thoughts.

With a disappointing :-( at the moment. Dave