piracy software

Dejan Sinadinovic sinadin at yuonline.net
Fri Apr 23 09:40:57 PDT 2004

Few days ago, can't remember where, I read about mass laptop
confiscation somewhere in America due the use of piracy software (?).
Guys, have you ever so anti/piracy police acting? Here in Serbia, we
made our first steps in world of regular legal software distribution so
I’m interested in methods police use in detecting illigal programs in
western countries. I’m afraid we should invest another sum from state
budget for training computer-educated detectives. At the moment our
caps can’t make a difference between OS X and Win operative systems
Every Sunday between 08-11 in the morning, in the park near the Student
Cultural Centre in Belgrade you can still freely purchase all possible
Windows software (3 Euro per CD!). It’s a quite good deal if you're
going to use such a software at the crappy Windows based China machine
in quietness of your home but if you are among 4% of Serbian population
that use Mac’s (mobile machines) you’ll be on the target constantly
whenever you go with it.

Dejan

Dejan Sinadinovic, pianist
Vice-dean at the Faculty of Music, University of Art in Belgrade
Chief of piano dep. at the Fine Arts Academy
European Piano Teachers Association - Serbia dep. / president
http://solair.eunet.yu/~sinadin