Stuck Pixels

Steve Parker themacintoshguy at parkerpress.com
Fri Apr 23 16:07:55 PDT 2004

on 4/23/04 4:36 PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List at
Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> And nothing is going to help with that stuck pixel; it's certainly a
> transistor that is broken (can never be turned on, so the pixel can't
> be darkened).  And, unless you plan on trying to do some microscopic
> laser surgery to implant a new transistor in the middle of your screen
> (HA!), there's not much you can do.  Oh, and don't forget that you have

I don't know about that. Sometimes I've been able to use my finger to rub
LIGHTLY on the screen around and on the dead or stuck pixel, for about 10 or
20 seconds and it magically comes back to life. Push just hard enough that
you can see some "distortion" around your finger tip.

I've been able to do this numerous times on both my TiBook and a Dell
Notebook (gasp!, yes, I have both) as well as desktop LCDs. (no, it won't
work CRT's... LOL) I don't know why, but it has helped in some cases.

For the pixels that this doesn't help, I agree that there's nothing you can
do except replace the screen....

Steve

--
Steve Parker                O-                   Steve ParkerPress com
                                   (you know where the @ and the . Go)

Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl and
discovering that she looks like a haddock.
                                       - John Barrymore (1882 - 1942)