100Gb disk at 7200RPM...

Steve Parker themacintoshguy at parkerpress.com
Fri Apr 23 16:27:52 PDT 2004

on 4/23/04 4:36 PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List at
Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> When there is a 100+ Gb disk at 7200 rpm, I will make the upgrade to
> a new disk.
>
> Trevor

Trevor,

Forget about the 100Gb disk drive at 7200RPM. I want an "OptiCube".....

I spent about 5 years working for Storage Technology, Inc. in Colorado, and
one of the things we were looking into is "optical cube storage". They were
talking "terabytes" in a 1" cube....

Check this out for the "future" of storage (they say they're only about 5
years away now). We had a working prototype back in the mid to late 90's (of
course it was as big as a coffee table)

   http://www.computerweekly.com/Article126109.htm

--
Steve Parker                O-                   Steve ParkerPress com
                                   (you know where the @ and the . Go)

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
                        - George Carlin