[Ti] unable to retrieve my iDisk information

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sun Apr 25 10:23:25 PDT 2004

At 10:19 -0400 25/4/04, William Scammell wrote:
>speaking of Saudi Arabia, who controls/owns the ISPs there? (state
>or private biz)

Private biz.

>is it possible a state-controlled ISP might restrict this iDisk
>functionality by blocking certain "ports" (or their equivalent) at
>the ISP level that your not even aware of?
>
>just a thought.

Bill - I am sure that is a posssibility.  They block Limewire
(peer-to-peer sharing) and of course hundreds even thousands of sites
that mention certain subjects and countries - that I can't mention
for fear of a knock on the door myself - in a central server.  I
believe that all internet access is monitored which suggests that it
all goes through a big server.  So yes, you may be right, but what
exactly is the question that I should ask to my ISP??  In general,
they are pretty helpful, if you can define your issue in a platform
independent way.

Trevor