AirPort Update 3.4.1 is still buggy

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Mon Apr 26 19:06:03 PDT 2004

My 17" Powerbook is still acting very poorly even after doing the 3.4.1 udpate.

I am 12 ft from an Apple Base Station, and 20 ft from a D-Link access point. I'll have 4 arcs in the menu after connecting to a signal and then 20 seconds later, my AirPort will drop off completely and I won't be finding *any* signal. If I turn off the AirPort via the menu bar, and turn it back on, I can then again see the AirPort signal but it will drop off again within minutes or seconds. This bahavior is different than with 3.4 or 3.3.1 but even though I can seemingly instantly see the AirPort signal, it still then drops off within seconds or minutes. So frustrating. :-( Thankfully I keep a 50 ft Cat-5 cable handy.

I had previously updated to 3.4 but had to go back to 3.3.1 to maintain any decent connection. Even after having gone back to 3.3.1, I wasn't having the best of luck catching and staying on the signal, but with 3.4.1 the signal drops to nothing and comes back full strong even more frequently than 3.3.1 after the 3.4 initial problem. Befor the 3.4 update I had great consistent attachment to my network.
--

Robert Ameeti

Gotta run, the cat's caught in the printer.